Classification Description: Staff Accountant
Primary Location: Albuquerque, NM
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance and/or related field. Relevant work experience may substitute for the Degree requirement on a year for year basis.
Experience: 3+ years of accounting/financing experience. Educational experience may substitute for years of work experience.
Superior: Performance evaluations provided by Controller. Performance indicators are defined by, but not limited to, the roles and responsibilities defined herein.
Direct Reports: Provide assistance to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll Manager, Controller, and Human Resources.
Role: The Staff Accountant is responsible for accounting/finance procedures/functions as they relate to GAAP. The Staff Accountant will assist in payroll administration, correspondence, data entry, and record keeping. Additionally, the Staff Accountant reviews data for accuracy, compliance and discrepancies while providing consistent quality customer service.
- Assist the Controller with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting Department
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, accrual and prepaid expenses
- Prepare and reconcile Bi-weekly credit card expense reports
- Record and verify all transactions related to the Accounts Payable process
- Prepare and analyze monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports by department
- Assist in payroll administration, filing, union reporting and certified payroll
- Prepare and remit monthly Workers Comp Insurance
- Prepare and remit monthly State Gross Receipts Tax
- On quarterly basis, prepare reports for payroll to complete State and Federal reports
- Develop and maintain accounting process and procedures to improve efficiency
- GAAP, Finance and Budgeting
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Viewpoint Construction Software
- Strategic planning
- Operational management
- Mitigation strategies
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to delegate appropriate tasks
- Ability to forecast internal/external financial variables
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize
- Superior analytical abilities
- Superior oral/written communication abilities